Sunday, February 9, 2014

Exercise Text and Image

Fat - Thin * Fun - Boring * Fast - Slow * Calm - Mad * Big - Small

Initial use of the words

In my own hand and an early attempt at rendering descriptively

A few more attempts

Turning to photoshop and experimenting with combinations of fonts

Concentrating on a couple of the pairs of words

by using 'transform' and adding some shape to the text in this way I can use the same font and still keep the descriptive contrast between them

I also discovered that some pairs can share font selections for instance Fat / thin and slow /fast

However although I kept the arch of 'slow' in the same font as 'Fat' I changed the font for a 'faster' looking Fast. I thought it was a neat idea to also create the arch within the 'slow' as this replicates how a spinning disc behaves with the outer edge spinning slower than the inner or so I thought. As it 'turns' out, this is incorrect the tangencial velocity is greater at the outer edge. Maybe I should swap them round

Any way, further experimentation


Now having introduced some colour I take a further look at some of the other pairs of words

'MAD' can be simply rendered as just an eclectic mix of fonts

Now for some hand drawn stuff..

And some in mixed media. The meaning and contradiction can be further enhanced with colour and effect.


playing around with some everyday objects around the home...

I put this together

No comments:

Post a Comment