Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Client Visuals

My Choice of two illustrations are

 A Phil Hackett Illustration for Waitrose weekend, Jenny Agutter's My Childhood home article and


Jason Ford's Illustration, above, one of a set for Waitrose Kitchen magazine - Food for thought article. May 2013
Completely misreading or just generally missing the point of the exercise,  I set about drawing a facsimile of each illustration double size. I 'll include them here as they took some time (not much) to do.


Having re-read the exercise text and having realised my misunderstanding of what was required. I looked afresh at it. Curiously having gone through the process of drawing the two illustrations in detail meant that I could approach it in a different way. I decided to draw the visuals from memory rather than have them in front of me.
I chose to experiment with an app on my Ipad called Procreate. 
Here are the results;
I opted to use a dark 'canvas' setting to mimic the original design idea.


Recalling the image lends itself to creating visuals of the key components only. Essential to outlining the design ideas.


We could zoom in and as long as the viewer sees the bed mosquito net and the dog on the bed plus some of the butterflies and mosquitoes out side then you still get the sense of the whole illustration.

Equally the same can be said of my other illustration choice, handled in the same way


The concept is much simpler so creating the visual is much more straight forward. Then focusing on the central theme by following the eyes of the figure..

The image reads much the same even with a lot of the detail stripped out




No comments:

Post a Comment